Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am so not like that...am I?!

So Izzy had a science fair project due today and we have been working on it every night, all week long!! When these kind of assignments come home it creates alot of anxiety for me. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?! I think about it every day and stress about it at night. I constantly drill Isabel with questions about the chosen topic and basically take over the entire thing!! Last night as we were putting the final touches up on the board I got after Ry for not evenly spacing the various graphs and info sheets. He then perceeded to call me a "sick perfecionist". I started the wind up of defense and then the light bulb went on...Oh no, I thought, I am one of THOSE Moms'!!! It is horrifying sometimes to get a true glimpse of who we are. I know I am very picky. Okay, sometimes too picky. I do like things a certain way which can be a hinderance but I want to also defend it and say that I consider it to be a help most of the time!! Izzys' project turned out great! Not just because I am nuts but because we worked together!! Tomorrow we get to go see them displayed and I will take some pics so you can judge for yourself!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That was great and how good of you to admit your "sick perfectionist" ways. I am laughing right now. But you come by it rightly, don't you?!=)