Tuesday, May 5, 2009

M is for Mindy...

Look I am on a roll!! 2 days in a row, WOO HOO for me!

We went to Idaho this weekend. It was a good trip and so great to see my new little niece and spend time with family. Beyond all that, our kids totally rocked it out!!! The trip is gruelling to me!! 9 to 10 hours in the car, YUCK!!!!!! I hate confined spaces or sitting still so riding in a vehicle for that long turns me into a gremlin. Usually the girls spend most of the time fighting and arguing about everything while Griffin cries because he wants me to free him from the straight jacket that is his carseat. Close your eyes and picture the scene...see what I mean? Utter annoyance at its highest levels!! But not this trip!

Isabel was helpful, GASP!!
Ella was quiet and polite, GASP again!!
And for the piece Du resistance...Griffin was the most chill of all!!

It was still long and cramped but not hair-pulling-out frustrating. So GREAT!!
We had a baby shower for new little Addie which was fun and we got a chance to hang out with family. Also I got to shop!! So shallow and vain I know! But I was so happy for a couple of hours to do whatever, So GREAT also!! The funniest thing happened that I did not hear myself but Ry told me and I nearly split my side in laughter!!

On Saturday morning the girls were sitting by Ry and Izzy had Ryan's wallet. She was going through it and Ry noticed that she was giggling. He then saw here hand the Drivers License over to Ella and point to a place on the front of the license. Ella wrinkled her nose and said, "Ew SEX, gross...what is the M for?" Izzy then answered very teacher-like "The M is for Mindy, cause that is who he has sex with!!" So funny! I should probably have prefaced this with explaining that we have had many conversations about the "birds and the bees". The girls were very interested in where Griffin came from and how he got there. My philosophy, when it comes to sex ed or info on anything else, is to be honest and explain and answer as best I can. Also to be first to explain so they want to talk to me about it and not just their friends. Of course they will hear things and I cannot control their enviorment all the time but I have tried to have an open dialogue. I love how they are growing and how funny they are together! I love to eavesdrop on their conversations and hear what worries them or makes them laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...i can just see Izzy saying that! she has become quite the little expert :) Glad you guys made it home in one piece..with your sanity and everything.Thanks for making the long trip, it was so good to see you!

Spence said...

ROFL!! I was just going through your blog, and found this hilarious story! I love Izzy and Ella, they are just too funny. Love u guys!